Friday, January 28, 2011

Super Simple Sunday Dinner

I mentioned a few posts ago, that I would share with you another one of my go-to favorite dinner recipes. It is a meal that I only make on Sundays, and I just love how my house smells while it is in the oven.  It smells like my childhood, if that makes any sense.  I have always loved it, and thankfully it has become one of Winnie's Dad's most requested dinners.  This is also a great dish to make if you are taking a meal to a sick friend or new mom.

No Peek Chicken

1 box Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice (original recipe with the herbs, NOT instant)
1 can Cream of Mushroom condensed soup, regular or reduced fat
1 can Cream of Celery condensed soup, regular or reduced fat
1 can water
dash of curry powder
1 package Pick of the Chicken (aka: two legs, two thighs, two breasts--bone in, skin on or off, your choice)
1 package onion soup mix

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease, or spray with non-stick cooking spray, a 9x13 glass casserole dish.  Mix first 6 ingredients and pour into casserole dish.  Place chicken pieces on top. Sprinkle chicken with the onion soup mix.  Cover tightly with aluminum foil.  Bake for 2.5 hours.  DON'T PEEK!!! Really, don't peek.  I promise it will be done in 2.5 hours.

Serve with a salad or simple vegetable for a complete Sunday dinner.  Maybe a certain follower of Winnie's Mom Makes will make this for Winnie's Mom this weekend, since she's making a trip to Columbus?
Have a great weekend everyone.  Next week, I will try to find some time to talk about an upcoming sewing project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment