Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hello: I'm Winnie's Mom

So, I've finally started a blog. My decision to start this blog came from my resolution for 2011: to use my slow cooker at least once a week for the entire year. See, my dearest friend in the whole wide world gave me the gift of a fabulous new slow cooker a few weeks ago. Then, I stumbled on a blog about a woman's resolution to use her slow cooker every day for a year. An entire year. And she did it. I figured I could do something like that on a modified scale.  Since "they" say that the best way to stick to a resolution is to tell people about it, I am not just telling people about it, I'm going to write about it.  Plus, I'm going to write about other things I make along the way.

What should you know about me? Well, I'm Hilary.  I'm an attorney.  I'm a daughter and a sister.  I'm Brian's wife.  But, before I was Brian's wife, I was Winnie's mom.  Oh, you should also know that Winnie is a dog. She is a beautiful, gentle, energetic, and affectionate Weimaraner.  She was a law school graduation gift (I picked her out) from my parents.  She is by far the best gift that I have ever received.  She smiles at me when I come home.  Really.  She is also a rescue dog.   I feel very strongly about dog rescues, but that is a topic for another blog.

This blog will be about the things I make. I make dinner. I make crafts. I make sewing projects. I make all sorts of things. Basically, I work very hard to make a home and a life that I'm proud of.  I have a tendency to try to please everyone.  Maybe I say "yes" too often.  But, at the end of the day, I know that I can only please so many people, and on top of my list are Winnie and Brian. Family and friends are very close behind.  But, Brian and Winnie are the faces I come home to every night.  So, this blog will (mostly) be about the things that I make for them. From time to time, I will tell you about the things I make for other people.  On top of my slow cooker, I have a sewing machine and I am not afraid to use it!

I hope you enjoy reading about what Winnie's mom makes.
H

No comments:

Post a Comment